The UCL Institute of Archaeology is celebrating its 75th anniversary this year with a programme of events and activities celebrating the past, present and future of the institute.
Founded by Sir Mortimer Wheeler in 1937, the institute was originally based at St John’s Lodge in Regent’s Park but moved to its present location in 1957.
Gordon Childe (director 1946–1957 and the excavator of Jericho) and Kathleen Kenyon (acting director during the Second World War), are notable members of the archaeology community who have headed the institute.
Today, the institute is one of the largest and one of the most highly regarded centres for archaeology, cultural heritage and museum studies in the UK.
Find out more about the UCL Institute of Archaeology and the events taking place to celebrate its 75th anniversary at the institute's website