What really happened in Britain as Roman influence waned? David Musgrove investigates what we know about the end of imperial rule in fifth-century Britain – and what remains a mystery…
Join HistoryExtra now for access to all episodes
Learn more about Roman Britain
- What did Boudica’s Iceni warriors look like?
- Black Britannia: the African people who lived in Roman Britain
- New light on the end of Roman Britain
- Roman Britain: what six objects can reveal about life for women at Hadrian’s Wall
- How the Great Fire of London revealed the city’s Roman past