Introducing a six-part podcast series examining how the Black Death shook the Middle Ages
HistoryExtra podcast editor Ellie Cawthorne presents a brand new history series. Learn from expert historians on how this devastating disease killed millions and transformed societies.
Join HistoryExtra now for access to all episodes
- 8 turning points in medieval European history
- Julian of Norwich: Janina Ramirez hails ‘the female Chaucer’
- Black Death quarantine: how did we try to contain the most deadly disease in history?
- Demonising outsiders and stoking racial tensions: the dark history of quarantine practices
- Beating the Black Death: did medieval medicine help people to survive?