The Cuban Missile Crisis: World on the Brink
How did the world end up on the brink of nuclear disaster? In our new HistoryExtra podcast series, we’ll be exploring the roots of the Cold War standoff and meet the key players in the confrontation. We'll track the pivotal 13 days at its centre, and the Cold War alliances that saw diplomatic tensions escalate to breaking point. Across four episodes, Elinor Evans speaks to expert historians Alex von Tunzelmann, Mark White and William Taubman, to find out more about the crisis.
Join HistoryExtra now for access to all episodes
More on the Cuban Missile Crisis
- How have nuclear weapons shaped global politics? 10 key moments in the post-war atomic world
- How should history remember Fidel Castro?
- Alternate history: what if the Cuban Missile Crisis had escalated?
- “We are eyeball to eyeball, and I think the other fellow just blinked”: how the Cuban Missile Crisis escalated
- Russia-Ukraine crisis: 9 milestone moments in history that explain today’s invasion