The Edwardian era is the period when Edward VII, the eldest son of Queen Victoria, ruled as King of Great Britain and Ireland, from January 1901 to May 1910. Most historians, however, talk of the Edwardian era as extending to the years until World War I broke out in 1914.
- Daily life in the Edwardian era: from hobbies to gadgets
- How the battle for female suffrage in Britain was won
- The Great Unrest: what caused the industrial action of 1911–14?
- The Edwardians: everything you wanted to know
- The upstairs/downstairs world of Downton Abbey: how true to life is it?