- How to write a historical novel and get it published: 9 tips from bestselling authors Alison Weir, Hilary Mantel and more
- The two sides of George IV: is his wretched reputation deserved?
- History TV and radio: what’s on in April 2020?
- An important update for our magazine subscribers
- Subscribe to BBC History Magazine today!
With coronavirus spreading around the world, what might we learn from pandemics in the past?
In the news
Today’s events in historical context…
Marked in both the US and the UK during March, Women's History Month celebrates and highlights contributions of women to history and society…
The latest episodes from the History Extra podcast
Trending in the US
Explore our historical galleries covering a wide range of historical periods and topics…