- Quiz of the week: which British royal erected the first Christmas tree?
- Ridley Scott’s Napoleon: how accurate is the movie? The real history explained
- The ex factor: why David Cameron’s return isn’t unprecedented
- Matilda of Scotland: the queen behind the veil
- Subscribe to our BBC History Magazines today!
Most searched for
How did Spanish Flu get its name? When did our ancestors start using toilet paper? Why did the famous Crystal Palace burn down? And where was the WW1 Armistice signed? Here are the top questions about history, answered by historians and experts…
The latest episodes from the History Extra podcast
Shakespeare: Past Master 8. The Tempest . This is a premium piece of content available to subscribed users.
Shakespeare: Past Master 6. Macbeth . This is a premium piece of content available to subscribed users.
Advertisement MPU index
How much do you know about history? Test out your knowledge with our quizzes...